BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 20, 2009

Bucket List Revelation

As I'm sure most people have at least once, last night, I found myself thinking about my "bucket list". I could have made a list that rival's Haley Christmas list but the more I thought about things, the more I realized that things I thought were important for me to do, arent so important after all. Yes, I would love to walk the galleries at the Louvre or ride a gondola down the Grand Canal. But not accomplishing those thing wont make my think my life was crap.

I realize now that my list truly consists of things I want to do with and for my daughters. Sure, all the other things would be great to do but those will just be icing on the cake if I can cross everything off the list:

~Disneyland!!!!
~introduce them to Cinderella, Belle and Ariel
~let them get their heart broken (goes against all the protective mom instincts I have)
~teach them to get up after they fall (literally and figuratively)
~let them paint their room any color they want
~give them the strength to be who ever they want to be
~give them to tools to be whatever they want when they grow up
~take them to swim with the dolphins
~let them pick a pet just for them
~then let them pick a name (somehow I think we might end up with a dog named Puppy)
~let them scream into the Grand Canyon so they can hear their echoes
~show them the awesomeness of the Giant Redwoods
~teach them to fish (ok, so this one might fall to Bucko or one of the uncles. Curtis and I are patient enough to fish)
~give them the wedding of their dreams
~let them have the freedom to make their own choices
~teach them how to make fried chicken, meatloaf and mac-n-cheese (the last one will fall to Grams since I dont make homemade mac-n-cheese)
~make sure they know Daddy's cuddles are just as good as Mommy's (work in progress on that one)


I'm sure there will a ton more that I add to this list but Anda is waking up so Mommyhood calls.

0 comments: