BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

One more helping, please

So, I finished the first part of orientation for school this morning. I have 2 more days of that, then my first class starts on the 30th. As much as I'm excited to go back to school, I'm incredibly worried. I'm worried that I took too much on. I dont know if I'll be able to get everything done during the day. School is all online so that makes it so much easier. And the girls go to bed kinda early, again, making it a little easier.

My issue lies in the housework. With 3 kids, we average about 3 loads of laundry a day. And thats just the kids stuff, clothes, towels, blankets, etc. You add mine and Curtis' and we're looking at about 25 loads a week. (And now you see why I'm grateful for military housing and no utility bills) The downstairs of my house is mostly laminate floors, and with the kids, sweeping is an every day occurrence and mopping (ok, using the Swiffer wet) happens about once a week. But, I cant take credit for that since hubs does it 95% of the time.

Oh, and let not forget the Girl Scout stuff. I'm not regretting getting involved in GS by any means. I love it and it gives Haley and I some time to ourselves. With her being in school all day, its something we need. But with cookie sales coming up, and me being the cookie mom, that will take up a good chunk of time.

So, now my dilemma comes into play. How much do I ask the hubs to help out? With me being a SAHM, I feel like he does too much sometimes already. He works so I feel like laundry, cleaning, etc., should be my part of the deal. He's never been one to tell me no when I ask him to throw a load in the washer or vacuum. But, I feel like asking him to help is the same as saying "I cant hold up my end of the deal". I already feel like we dont have enough time together and I might have just made it worse. Oye.......what to do? what to do?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I dont know the whole story but I feel I know you well enough. Im sure you and hubbs had a talk about starting school, yes? and I am sure he understands how full your hands are and that school is not easypeasy. You do alot. You have a wonderful man. You will find a way to do. I know you will. I got a great tip from a mom in a similar situation as you minus the military. On sundays she makes a timetable/schedule and hang it on the fridge on it she would plan crafts and reading and such etc.. for her younger kids not in school when she would throw clothes in the wash and when she would read for school and do her HW and such. She had an egg timer to keep her on track and she stuck to it, she said the first few weeks she was overwhelmed, but then her kids got on the schedule too. Then things were smoother. Good luck. I know you can do it. :) I wish I was closer I would come help out. (I know everyone says that and talk is cheap)

Jennifer said...

I second Kelli-Sue

When I lived in housing I had a neighbor with 5 kids and I think 2 sets of Irish Twins... She said she stuck to a schedule. That is how they got through it with their sanity. She said sometimes she was not able to be as social but it worked for her family and that is all that mattered.

Good luck...